Re: looking for an EPROM programmer recommendation

From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <vector_at_hawkmountain.net>
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 23:40:33 EST

Well, I won a complete MOD-EMUP on ebay... I probably overpaid a bit
($103) but it appears in excellent shape and complete. I'm very interested
in checking out all it's functions as I see it can do DRAM testing, TTL
and CMOS logic chip testing, GALs, PALs, PROMs, EPROMS, etc...

The ISA card thing is a pain... although I have an old useless 386SX16 that
should do the trick that is doing absolutely nothing else....

I'll probably still try to get something smaller that uses a parallel port
at some point (especially if I find I don't need all the features of the
EMUP).

As long as it works, I can't have done badly, as the cheapest programmer
I've seen goes for about $150....

Any adapters or anything needed for PALs, GALs, or the small bipolar PROMs
or do they just go right into the ZIP socket ?

-- Curt