RE: OT: I,Robot help

From: Louis Srianomai <louisurfer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 13:28:12 EST

Errmm, didn't really understand the relationship from your post to Jeff's,
but...

> SOLUTION: Check the four 18-pin socketed ROMs 136021-110 through -113 at
> locations 7H, 7J, 7K, 7L in the middle of the main game board.
> At least one of these is bad. These are 1024x4 bipolar 82S137
> (Signetics) PROMS which contain the microcode for the math
> box. In my case -112 was bad. Frys, Jameco, and JDR
> Microdevices sell these PROMs.

clipped from Rodger Boots/Greg Woodcock post a while back. I've corrected
about 3 boards with Mathbox errors by replacing some of the 4 mathbox chips, it
is a common thing for these to go bad. It may not be the final answer, but
it's an easy start if your symptoms are no tie fighters nor starfield, hangs at
the death star.

I can't talk about I-Robot, as I don't (wishful) have one.

L.