Re: Looking for a tube socket for Gravitar

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 15:19:14 EST

Looking back on the original message, it reads:

when I pulled of the neckboard, I found one of the
metal connectors in the tube socket had broken. The tube doesn't have pins,
but rather a slide type job... never seen one.

So his problem is the SOCKET not the tube. The socket he's describing isn't what you would normally find in an arcade monitor. It sounds like the socket has NO actual pin holes, just spring metal contact that slide onto the CRT. The CRT doesn't have actual pins like a normal tube.

At least that sounds like what he meant.