Re: DAC80 Questions

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 15:30:06 EST

Whee! From my now 11-month old Cinematronics monitor doc that I haven't gotten
back to....

I hope this means I can get a discount, right Mark? :)

-----------------
The Burr-Brown DAC80 used in the Cinematronics monitor comes in two "flavors";
the DAC-80-CBI-V "voltage output", and the DAC-80-CBI-I "current output" type.

All Vectorbeam monitors used the voltage version - the DAC-80-CBI-V.

Drop in replacement:

· National Semiconductor DAC1280
· Burr-Brown DAC800-CBI-V
· Burr-Brown DAC800P-CBI-V
· Beckman 7580V (needs some resistors changed)
· Analog Devices ADDAC80N-CBI-V

Analog Devices (or was it possibly Burr-Brown?) later came out with the
DAC800-V which was a monolithic part, with better spec's, that was a drop in
Replacement for the DAC80-V's.

The Beckman DAC (758VS) is not directly compatible with the Burr-Brown DAC-80.
If using a Beckman 758VS, R101 must be changed to 11.0k 1% metal film, and R201
must be changed to 7.5k 1% metal film.