Re: Star Trek Sit-Down Finally Restored

From: <Amplifone_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 20:24:37 EST

In a message dated 1/31/03 12:20:43 PM, vector@hawkmountain.net writes:
> Anyone ever had a grounding problem in a cockpit or genuine Sega upright ?

I own a basically NOS Star Trek ded UR.. It was used for the Atlanta show
(AMOA?) where it debuted, then boxed back up and stored. It probably had
around 3 days of total use before I got it. A friend of mine turned it on
and left it on for about 8 hours one day when I wasn't around, and the
grounds on the PS connector completely burned up. I doubt that I had put more
than a couple days worth of time on the game in the past 9 years Ive owned
it.. Just goes to show how poor the design is. It was a new game so I
never got around to adding in the 2 extra ground wires like I do on all my
other Sega vectors. It worked fine after I added them in and replaced the
connector.

adding extra grounds on these is mandatory, no matter what condition the game
is in. If there isnt a fan on your card cage adding one should be your first
priority as well..

Sega games pull at least double the current of nearly any other game.. they
usually pull a consistant 3 amps, compared to around 1 - 1.5 amp for any
other game (including Atari vectors). I had to put an extra circuit in just
to power them up.

Jeff