Asteroids board problem

From: archermaclean <ArcherMaclean_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 03:30:18 EST

I had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago on my first Asteroids
cab.

If you look at the pattern repeating you can see that its likely to be a
problem with one of the low order bits getting stuck hi/lo on x axis dac,
etiher on the way to, or in the AD561. In my case simply swapping in a new
561 solved all problems.

Odd thing was that before the eventual fault showed up, like yours is now,
I could see it gradually getting worse over the period of a few days until
it finally went dud, and it wasnt a sudden fault.

Arch

Message text written by INTERNET:vectorlist@synthcom.com

Anyone ever seen this problem?

http://www.mylstar.com/astprob.html