Re: Vector's are hard to fix ? HA!

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 19:30:08 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris@westnet.com>
To: vectorlist@synthcom.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:55:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: VECTOR: Vector's are hard to fix ? HA!

> Next person who says that is going to get . . .
>
> I'm fixing my first raster monitor -- a G07, and it comes time to check the
> chasis mounted transistors. Bob Robert's tips page has all this talk about
> soldering on them, and I'm saying to myself "Why is anyone resoldering on
> the socket. I mean, T03 transistors are socketed, right ?"
>
> Great Mother of Zeus -- they solder wires right on the transistors ! NO
> SOCKETS !!!!
>
> Oh give me my vector monitors with nice clean plugs, sockets, etc, any day.
>
> -Chris
>
> PS -- anyone who knows why a G07 would be blowing the 1.25 amp fuse when the
> chasis transistors are NOT shorted to ground, the heater coil isn't shorted
> to ground, and the flyback isn't cracked, I'm open to suggestions at this
> point.

if it was easy i would say isolate B+ and load it with a 40W 240v lamp-bulb,

of course being a G07 it is not easy, so maybe you will need to cut a track.
if you have a japanese copy then they (being smart) added a link you can lift to isolate the B+ line!

with B+ isolated and loaded you can check the regulator is running and ajust it for 120v.

if you get this far then ring the LOPT and suspect any secondary diodes.

let me know the progress, my repair ratio of G07s to vector stuff is about 20/1.

Btw. in about the last 20 years i have NEVER seen a G07 transformer fail!!!!