RE: Tech: Wilsonville, OR tempest repair needed

From: someotherguy <someotherguy_at_someotherplace.com>
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 21:31:20 EST

This advice doesn't come from any in-depth understanding of the workings
of these games.. but I would say it would be wise to change the filter
cap on the transformer block, and jumper the AR-2 as described by Andy
Welburn (search the archives) then adjust the +5 at the AR-2.

I fought a Tempest like crazy the other weekend; was burning up R102 on
the deflection and playing blind. Cause? Bad filter cap. Who woulda
thought? I expected the game to not boot (as most raster vids with bad
filters will do) - but there it was playing blind, and roasting the
monitor in the process. Your mileage may vary.

Richard