Re: Anyone here own a Red Baron Cabaret?? Pics of monitor bezel?

From: mccullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 22:55:39 EST

> will a red baron avg board go into test mode and produce a picture on
> screen without an aux board?
> And if so will it work well enough with a battlezone aux board to at
> least deliver the RAM test beeps

All I can say is, "Maybe." I can verify that you can run a _Tempest_ CPU
board by itself, with no auxiliary board connected, and get a display -- but
only if the CPU board works 100%. It will, of course, display all kinds of
error codes, but at least you'll get a display. But if any of the RAMs are
faulty, you won't see anything, and you won't hear any beeps because the aux
board is disconnected.

IIRC, the difference between a _Battlezone_ aux board and a _Red Baron_ aux
board is a PROM... but I don't remember for certain. (Hey, I just got home,
and I'm very tired...)

Matt J. McCullar