RE: Source for 6502A's ??

From: Fish, David <David.Fish_at_axcelis.com>
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 08:15:26 EST

>Bob Roberts lists 6502C's for $7.

This is interesting and opens up the discussion to
something that I've been meaning to ask for quite a
while. The Rockwell (Conextant) data sheet would lead
you to believe that the above mentioned part is a 1MHz
ceramic package part yet there are 6502C's out there that
were made for Atari (P/N CO14806), specifically, for thier
XL/XE and 7800 games/comps. The 6502C added a HALT function
to pin 35 for the ANTIC chip to perform DMA. Which version is
the one Bob sells? Also, has anyone tried the CO14806 in a board
in place of the standard 6502A? Pin 35 on a standard 6502A is a NC.

Dave