Pics of RB/BZ cabaret

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 00:42:51 EST

Several on the list have asked to see this, so here are a few pics:

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/mkdud/BZ/mkrbbz.jpg">http://members.aol.com/mkdud/BZ/mkrbbz.jpg</A>
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/mkdud/BZ/mkrbbz3.jpg">http://members.aol.com/mkdud/BZ/mkrbbz3.jpg</A>
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/mkdud/BZ/mkrbbz5.jpg">http://members.aol.com/mkdud/BZ/mkrbbz5.jpg</A>

The stick is a Happ model # 95-0179-00. I was lucky able to get it at a much
lower price than the listed $191.95; I think it came to $127 - I ordered it
with a large order (over $1500) that was placed through a vending company I
work for.

I thought the same thing - $127 (!!!) for a Red Baron stick?!! However, I am
AMAZED at how good the stick is. About 127 times better than the best Atari
Red Baron (A036951-01) stick I'd ever seen. The Happ stick is built like a
brick $&!*house, and controls WAY better than the Atari model. All steel, the
pots are killer, and the damn thing is even easy to work on, though I don't
think I'll ever have to fix it.

The conversion to the BZ harness is pretty painless; you just add a few pins
and wires to your BZ AVG and Aux board edge connectors. They are not used on
your BZ board, so you can just use your regular BZ harness, and it won't
affect running BZ at all. Anybody interested in this coversion, send me an
e-mail, I'd be happy to help you do yours.

The CP was a TOTALLY trashed BZ cabaret panel. I had to sandblast the whole
thing; rust was VERY bad and I even had to weld a new hinge to the panel.

I still have to do something with the CP as far as art goes, perhaps Red
Baron in the Arian letters accross the front edge, like an actual RB marquise
- also maybe the eagle/iron cross logo on the panel to the left and right of
the stick. I still have to do something about a monitor bezel. I think my
wife will do the art -she's good at that stuff...

Thanks,
Michael Kelley