Source found for parts Fluke 9010 tape drives

From: <A218_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 14:22:29 EST

I have some Flukes with tape drives that have drive wheels that are brittle
and damaged and have an indentation where the capstan pushed on them all the
years that they sat in storage.

I contacted the drive manufacturer and they have repair kits for these drives
priced quite reasonably. The contact person is Louise Litman, <A HREF="mailto:llitman@braemarinc.com">
llitman@braemarinc.com</A>.

After she realized that I was not about to pay her company $265 to refurbish
my drives, she sent me a list of the mechanical parts kits that seem to fit
the problem, and said she would waive the $300 minimum order for me.

If any of you want me to order kits for you I will be glad to do so at my
cost, plus a proportionate share of the total shipping if any that I am
charged. The company may or may not sell to individuals; I furnished my
company name and tax ID# on my purchase order.

The relevant parts and prices are

P/N 800-0134-002 Forward Puck Assembly $14
P/N 800-0133-001 Hub & Puck Assembly (Rewind) $16
P/N 800-0132-001 Hub Driver Kit $11

I ordered 2 of each for my drives; once I get them I will be in a better
position to see what is generally needed and will make that info available.
I believe that the rewind kit is probably the least needed, because the 2 or
3 drives that I checked work well in rewind; however, time will tell.

Art Mallet (artfromny)