G08 with too much current

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 10:28:30 EST

Hey Guys,

I've got a G08 that I'm working on (yeah, what else is new), and I'm
hoping for some direction. The deflection board seems to work just fine.
When I have the HV connector P900 disconnected, I get proper voltages,
deflection, etc.

My problem seems to lie in the HV section. When I connect P900, the main
power input fuse to the deflection board - F400 - begins to glow, and
both diodes D406 and D407 start smoking. So, I've obviously got
something that is drawing 5 or more amps on the +126V line.

Through process of elimination, I've pretty much replaced everything on
the HV regulator PCB with no improvement. Would a shorted HVT cause this
symptom? I have yet to ring it.

For those that want to follow along, you can check out the schematics
here on page 36:
http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/manuals/monitor/G08.pdf

TIA,
tom