Re: Space Duel smoked glass needed

From: Tony Jones <tony_at_tonyjones.com>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 12:20:32 EST

Go nuts down at your local glass shop. It'll cost you more to buy one from
a collector once shipping is factored in.

- tempered
- GREYLITE #14
- 23-5/8" x 16-9/16" x 1/4"

The 23-5/8 x 16-9/16 is approximate, I've seen it specified as
23-11/16 and 16-5/8 also.

I found a wide variance in prices when I called, higest being around
US$45.00 ... in the end I think I paid around US$30, tempering is what
costs the $$$.

If you are having a piece cut, recommend you ask that they not sandblast
a logo onto the glass (forget what this is called, they normally do in
one corner) and that they bevel the edges slightly.

Tony