RE: G08 sizing problem

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 10:06:31 EDT

Well if the monitor hadn't *just* blown up on me I
could tell you! :) I was running a
static horizontal line pattern to stress the horizontal
section. Looks like I did just that.
Sparks and everything, but fortunately, nothing is
burnt.

Grrr, off to work and more messing about tonight. :(

BTW, where would be a good spot to measure the +/- 60V
rails (usually 63V on my
monitor)? I swapped the deflection transistor
connectors a few days ago and no
change, but I should probably try again tonight.

tm

"Fish, David" wrote:

> >The image on the screen will not move beyond the
right
> >3/4ths of the screen. There seems to be a boundary at
> >which all the vectors accumulate, and using both the
> >Size and H Center pots, I am unable to get the
monitor
> >to draw any farther over. In fact, if i adjust the
> >image as far to the right as possible, I get a
'bowing'
> >of the vectors on screen.
>

> What are you reading on your +60 and -60V rails? Have
> you tried swapping the power transistor x and y
> connectors
> to see if the problem changes axis? The schematic
shows