Re: More fun with Star Trek

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 00:20:17 EDT

Common cause of failure in Star Trek monitors is failing ground connections
at the power supply. Take a look and I bet you will find the connector is
somewhat toasted...you need to fix that and make sure there is a solid
ground wire between the power supply, logic board and monitor mother board.

I am now adding a jumper wire from the monitor mother board that will go to
the monitor chassis, and then ground the chassis to the power supply with a
heavy wire, and run a separate wire from the same point to the logic board
ground plane (solder to the board if the logic boards are not connected to
the cage).

I haven't had an entire game in here for a while so I have no pictures
other than the jumper wire on the monitor chassis that I shall add to my
video tips page - someday...

I do know that when I made this repair to an old Star Trek game that it is
still running about six years later (now in Japan)...

John :-#)#