Re: More fun with Star Trek

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 13:28:34 EDT

I think the problem is that the manufacturers simply believed MOLEX when
they said their plugs would handle hundreds of pulls with no deterioration
of contact resistance.

If someone in the Vancouver, BC region would like to bring their Star Trek
U/R into my shop (phone for an appointment first!) I would be happy to show
them how to do the upgrade and I shall photograph the steps for my web
site. They would do the actual work (bring some 18 gauge wire), but I am
not going to charge for my time.

John :-#)#