RE: G08-105 manual online

From: Martin White <martin_at_guddler.co.uk>
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 15:32:36 EDT

Andy, scanners can be picked up for about £30!!!

Okay, not the best you'll see, but they'll do the job. The biggest difference
between a £30 scanner and a £130 scanner is the speed it scans at. The one I had
for £30 took an age, but it did good scans. Unfortunately, being impatient and
not having much to scan I gave it away.

The speed issue has probably largely gone away these days too as I'm talking
about when you got parallel port scanners. Everything's at least USB now.

In fact, there's two listed on PC World's website for £39 inc. vat. And I'm sure
when www.aria.co.uk website comes back up (or is it NTL) there'll be one
cheaper.

Tell, you what, agree a timescale for doing it and I'll buy you a scanner. Scan
all the documents as tiff's (or send them all to me for me to scan) and then
I'll convert all the tiffs to PDFs when the scanner is returned to me :O)

Martin.