Gravitar X-deflection problem

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 22:57:24 EDT

Hello,

I have a question about the X deflection circuit on my Gravitar
board. If I adjust the centering pot to go all the way to the left,
the output clips at around -10V (or so). With my monitor, this is
about 1-2 inches from the left edge, so I can't deflect to the left
edge of the screen.

Is this normal behavior for the game board - and maybe my monitor is
missing some deflection gain? Or should the X channel be
"distortion free" through the full range of centering. (As it seems
like the Y channel is). Also, this "clipping" mode causes my X yoke
signal to go into a funky mode with lots of crossover distortion.

Also - I've swapped the MC1495 and the TL082 on the X channel, but it
behaves the same.

It's a little issue, but I'm curious about it now - I want to use the
whole monitor :)

Thanks,
Frank