Re: X-RAYS

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 12:58:31 EDT

CRTs produce Xrays. BUT CRTs are made from leaded glass to absorb those
Xrays to an "acceptable" level.

It's all simple enough, don't apply more than the maximum high voltage
specified for a given CRT. Finding out what that maximum is, though,
seems to be the problem. I'd say grab a tube manual and look it up, but
tube manuals seem a little hard to find these days. And most of the
ones sold on eBay are either too old or are reprints of manuals that are
too old to have the CRTs we use in them.

Which brings us back to the numbers given by the monitor manufacturers.
 So let's use their maximums as a guide.