RE: X-RAYS

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 21:09:32 EDT

And another piece of the X-Ray puzzle just appeared. You know inside the
rubber HV Anode cap that hooks onto the side of the picture tube they often
have a claw hook and a floppy piece of metal? That piece of metal is
specifically there for X-Ray protection! In my NANAO MS8-26SU Service
Manual (not Vector but hang on) there is a reference to this clip (a
labeled picture) and it states:

  "(3.) Lock the hook inside the Anode cap onto the Anode button surely. If
it has X-ray metal in the Anode cap, attach it onto the Anode button
surely." (exactly as printed ;-)

So...this is a 26" colour raster monitor with 24KV as the Anode voltage...

John :-#)#