G-05 Monitor Repair and TIS98 Equivalent?

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 07:18:47 EDT

Hi ...

Is there a FAQ for the G-05 similar to the Amplifone and WG 6100 guides?

After getting my first B+W Vector game, the monitor lasted just three games
before it failed with an apparent deflection failure.

What commonly causes this?
I'm guessing a 2N3716/2N2792 failure at this point?
Looking at the circuit I have most parts for the G-05 deflection except the
TIS98 transistor ....

What is the commonly used equivalent for the TIS98 in a G-05?

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk