Re: BZ, what speed 2114?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 16:14:34 EDT

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:10:32 EDT, you wrote:

>I am working on a few BZ boards and the self test reported some bad 2114 RAM
>and when I replaced a few, the boards went downhill. I am think that there
>may be a speed conflict. I have verified my solder work. Originals are GTE
>2114UCB. I am guessing that these are slow, like 450ns, true? I am replacing
>with new National MM2114N-2L. These are faster, like 200ns, true? Thoughts?

        If you've replaced some, you should probably replace them all. Mixing
speeds rarely works well on _any_ board, much less persnickerty vector
games. :)
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)