Re: Amplifone with erratic brightness problem

From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <vector_at_hawkmountain.net>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 19:44:26 EDT

Maybe the screen pot is flaky....

turn it back and forth several times and then put it back in the position
it is in (or very close). If the problem goes away (at least for a while)
then it probably is the screen pot.

-- Curt

>From: "Karl Doe" <kdoe@totalise.co.uk>
>

>Hi,
>
>My 25" Amplifone has just developed an intermittent fault:
>
>The screen is flashing over to a tube damagingly high level, it happens for
>short periods (less than a second) and happens most often after the monitor
>has been working hard (eg Star Wars death star explosion). It's rather
>difficult to describe the effect, but essentially I have the bright spot in
>the centre of the screen and can see what I assume are the retrace/Z blanked
>lines for about the middle third of the tube. :-(
>
>I installed a Wintron seven months ago and replaced the +-24v regulators,
>power resistors, electrolytic caps and BU406D on the HV PCB. It's run for
>50-100 hours with no problems until now. I've checked the HV using my probe
>and it's reading 19.5Kv.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas as I'm fairly concerned about toasting my tube.
>
>Karl.
>
>www.ksarcade.com

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks
vector@hawkmountain.net

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices