Re: Omega Race

From: newnan <arcadecollector_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 10:16:03 EDT

Chris: I've ordered the caps- that you used in your "new" filter assembly- I
found a source for the originals as well- for the pair its around $25 +
shipping. Thanks for the pic.

I came across a filter assembly from another Omega Race (traded a Jamma
board for powersupply, filter assembly, linear power supply, and wiring
harness- he got the better end of the deal), and installed it- results are
better but- not a cure all. Anybody want to trade any ol' working jamma
board for some Omega Race parts?

I was lucky with my main board- the battery exploded but did very little
damage to the board itself. I replaced the 2 resistors that were
casualties- but otherwise the board looks good.

In my troubleshooting of the machine- the self test initially had bad video
RAM in sockets 8-14.
Replacing the battery with an off-board battery fixed #8. Still showed
garbage on the screen. Self test results RAM 9, 10, 11, 12 bad

I Installed a known good 2114 in position 9 and got garbage- but it was now
straight lines diagonally scrolling- steady crisp vectors.
Self test results: 10, 11, 12 bad

I've ordered new 2114's from Jameco at approx $2.50 ea.