Re: new question- converting monitors from Vertical to Horizontal is it possible?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 12:56:59 EDT

You're probably talking about the sync inputs. The only way to convert
the monitor from "vertical games" to "horizontal games" is to physically
turn the monitor 90 degrees. "Horizontal games" have the monitor turned
like a TV set, long axis is horizontal. In "vertical games" the monitor
is turned so the long axis is vertical.

The H and V connections are for the sync signals. Most monitors even
have a second set of H and V inputs for the opposite polarity of sync
signals. Which ones you use are determined by which polarity your game
board puts out.