Re: new question- converting monitors from Vertical to Horizontal is it possible?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 21:49:56 EDT

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:29:06 -0500, you wrote:

> Hello all. I have a pile of jamma conversion cabs. that easily allow rotation of their monitor chassis. They only want to function well horizontally. When I rotate for a vert game i get some blue/purple hues at the bottom of the screen.I thought it may have been from the speakers and the lack of metal chassis on the sides of the tube but still does it with speakers removed.I am unsure of next step to take

        Whenever you move a monitor like that, you usually need to degauss it.
Turning the monitor off and on a couple of times will usually do it (you'll
have to wait about 5 minutes or so for the PTC to reset after you turn the
monitor off, though, or the monitor's internal degaussing coil won't cycle
when you turn it on) or invest in an external degaussing coil like TV
servicemen use. Mat Electronics (www.matelectronics.com) has them, and
they're not that expensive... ($32.50, catalog # TDGC-1.)

        ObVector: I imagine you'd have to do this when rotating vector
monitors, too. :D
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)