Re: G08_105 spec flyer, G17 spec flyer posted

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 19:47:41 EDT

A lot of the failures on the XY monitors used in SEGA games is directly
traceable to ground connection failures between the power supply, logic
board and monitor. Easy to fix, then the GO-8 is pretty reliable.

I set up a Star Trek with a new switching supply, wired ALL the grounds to
a common (real solid) tie point, and the game is still running five years
later. It is in Japan with one of my old customers...a very happy customer!

John :-#)#