Re: Star Wars problems

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 17:59:57 EDT

I have had this same problem with the horizontal going nuts after a while.
I'm guessing you might have a ground problem somewhere in the power supply.
Some of the guys on the list can explain this better than I can, but if
there is a bad ground and the high voltage goes down - the picture tends to
expand.

On my star wars I got really confused when the x/y outputs on my scope were
rock solid - and I had swapped in Amplifone boards that I knew worked fine -
and still the picture would shake.

If you can - check all the connections on the power supply block or swap in
another power supply block to see if the problem goes away.

Matt