TECH: Tempest & Multigame

From: Marlin Bates <mcb242_at_psu.edu>
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 07:11:36 EDT

Hello,

I just installed a Tempest Multigame in my machine and am experiencing
some problems with it. It comes up fine and selects games without a
problem, but when I play for awhile (5-10 minutes) it starts drawing
odd vectors, lines become wrong. If I continue to play, the playfield
blanks and then re-draws when I die, only to freak out again.

NOw, it did this once before and I just reset the machine and cleaned
the contacts on the board connectors. Never did it again.

I am wondering, before I yank the multigame out and putting everything
back, if this is indicative of anything else. I have NOT yet installed
the reset switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Marlin