Re: Re: Need a POKEY Desolder advice

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 03:25:13 EDT

G'day John,

Yeah you're right, the heat gun is a slower process and the IC's are
pretty hot when they're ready to come out.
I didn't realise the propane torch method was quicker, I'd assumed you were
using it the same steady heating way, so it sounds like it may be better
for IC survival from temperature.

Cheers,

Marc