Re: Re: Ampl. Red HVU, how many still work?

From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <vector_at_hawkmountain.net>
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 11:04:00 EST

I have a "Red is Alive" HVT ! Don't know how long it will stay that
way.... but I guess if it survived this long, it may hang on
indefinately since it gets very little use (especially since I have
to fix the Mathbox on the mainboard).

I also have two other HV boards. At least one I am 99.9% sure of
has a dead Red HVT, and the other I have not tried to repair yet, but
I'm pretty sure that the Red HVT on that one is likely dead as well.

I've read a few times on this list of list members with working Red HVTs
but I don't the numbers are large.

Considering the costs involved when a HVT is bad.... I would work to
determine if the Red HVTs you have are dead before truly considering
them to be so.... (although you may blow regs/BUs in the process of
trying to find out (unless you have a ring tester for the HVT)).

-- Curt