FW: Vectrex and Small HV unit for XY

From: Jill Stancliff <jstancliff_at_mchsi.com>
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 22:13:59 EST

I posted this on the Vectrex newgroup and thought it might be of interest
here too.

To all Vectrex (XY) hardware freaks ;)

Florian Holzhauer was kind enough to host these 2 PDF files I drew up for
everyone's viewing.
http://fholzhauer.de/drops/vectrex/

The first circuit I have built (although I used a dual 555 circuit with
adjustable duty and freq pots for more control) and it worked excellent. I
drew a simpler 555 circuit on the schematic for less parts count it may need
tweaking.

The second circuit I have not had time to build (I just drew up the
schematic and plan on trying it this week) so don't be surprised if it needs
a little tweaking too.

At any rate I hope you and others use this and find it helpful and let me
know if you have any idea's to make it simpler or improvements to make it
better (I like to keep it as simple as possible though ;)

This should work for most Crt's in the 9-12" range (I have no plans at this
time to release a 19" version). As a matter of fact
every 9-12" crt I have acquired (from old TV's) has had the same neck pinout
as the vectrex and worked in it.

Diode D1 and D2 in the second pdf are uf4007 (ultra fast recifier diodes
1000 PIV). Q1 is a MPSA42 or equiv. although it may need to be able to
handle a bit more wattage then the MPSA42 can handle some transistor
experimenting may be needed.

I post this for you experimenters (use at your own risk) and if I get
flooded with flames then I will not post ideas or schematics again.

Also one other questions?? How the heck can I subscribe to this NG with my
other email address?

Thanks,

Fred Konopaska
arcadexpo@mchsi.com