Re: Possible Amplifone deflection proto board found

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 05:43:56 EST

Don't go laughing at those diodes, MR751 rectifiers are what I've used
as replacements on arcade boards for years! They can handle 6 amps
without extra heatsinking and, when the leads are short and the traces
they're soldered to are heavy (and can act as heatsinks) they can go up
as high as 22 amps.

At normal currents of 2-3 amps they don't get hot enough to scorch the
board like regular rectifiers. And that is a GOOD thing, right?