FS: Games

From: Mike Benedict <benedict_m_at_palmer.edu>
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 16:27:38 EST

House cleaning time and I wanted to give the list first crack before eBay.
I'm interested in reasonable offers and would prefer those with cash in hand
and that live in the Midwest to come look if you are seriously interested.
First and foremost, I need the space, I'm not looking for eBay prices but, I
don't intend to give the better games away either. Please e-mail any
questions to mike@dd.palmer.edu and not to the list. I'll do my best to
answer them and send pictures if I can but, I can't diagnose a game via
e-mail so please don't ask. I'll be traveling this next week and should
have access to e-mail via hotel Internet service. If that doesn't work so
well, it may be next weekend before I can reply. I'm located just north of
Davenport, Iowa.

The following five are what I would call game room worthy:

Tempest - excellent condition, a few small scratches, artwork excellent,
works well, no known problems.

Battlezone - excellent condition, with step, artwork and control panel
excellent, works well.

Star Wars - w/ Clays ESB kit installed. Excellent condition, artwork has a
couple very small scratches, control panel and controls excellent, has
Wintron installed.

Asteroids - Good condition, rust spot on control panel, cabinet in good to
very good condition, some minor scratches.

Asteroids Deluxe cocktail - cabinet and glass excellent. One control panel
overlay has some cracking. Works fine, but there is a wave in the monitor
which I believe is from the filter caps. Image is fine other than that.

-------------------------------

This is probably best described as a good project for someone wanting to do
a cabinet restoration or someone just wanting to play with working Sega
hardware:

Sega Tac/Scan - Cabinet poor, but everything works and the monitor hasn't
recently caught fire (joke).

Also have Star Trek cage, maybe two, and a variety of loose boards and what
I believe to be a NOS G08.

-------------------------------

Defender - cabinet very good. Game almost works, has RAM errors, control
panel good overall but has a couple cigarette burns.

Defender - cabinet poor, doesn't work. I would like to make the Defender's
a twofer sale.

Donkey Kong - cabinet very good, but side artwork has been removed. Control
panel very good. Was working, suspect power supply has died. I may try
replacing the power supply which if that works, I'll the game on eBay.

Two more Donkey Kong's, cabinets fair to poor, cigarette burns on the
control panels, I believe the boards are good and the power supplies are
bad.

Asteroids - cabinet looks good, doesn't work.

Asteroids Deluxe - ditto.

Galaxian - cabinet poor, doesn't work.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm really in need of the space. In other words,
the bigger the truck or trailer, the better the deal.

Thanks,

Mike Benedict