Re: WG6100 monitor woes

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 11:09:19 EST

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Phil Morris wrote:

> The display 'judders' vertically (it moves up and down as much as half an
> inch) and intermittently displays short spikes which can sometimes look
> like electricity is crackling along some of the vectors.

I wanted to say clean the size control pots, but those are on the game
board.

It still looks like dirt from the movies though. I just got through fixing
a raster problem (centipede) that turned out to be a dirty H-sync pin. I
would say clean all pins on the monitor, the cable, maybe even take the
chasis transistors out of the sockets and make sure all wires are secure and
pins are clean.

Also, I had a problem with some of the original LV-2000 boards. Since the
three 'standoff' wires that mount/connect it to the monitor had just a
single solder point, they would break the solder pads on the lv-2000 board.
I noticed this had been changed to an umbrella-handle like bend in newer
revs, so I never even mentioned it and worked out some fix (I don't even
remember what, but it's been working for a few years now).

Which is a long way of saying -- make sure the connections from your lv-2000
are good.