RE: Gravitar > Major Havoc conversion questions

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 11:43:30 EST

At 03:31 pm 10 01 2004, you wrote:
>Dave, are you using the adapater board or running the PCB straight into the
>harness? Or did you make other modifications?

It's a Space Duel cab that is as it left the factory except that it has an
Amplifone fitted so monitor is just plug and play, the only hard bit is
finding somewhere to fit the Amplifone HV and Deflection boards. The Space
Duel game board Barrels a bit but you only really notice in the 'bonus'
screens. I was planning to mod the PCB to disable the correction circuit
but I'll probably fit a ZVG to the game now.

> > I have space duel running on an Amplifone and the picture barrels out (as
> > opposed to , but only slightly. I can take pix if that will help. The
> > game did not originally have an Amplifone but came to me without
> > a monitor
> > and I had enough parts to build and Amplifone but not a WG ...
> >
> > I'm curious now, did you game have an Amplifone from the factory
> > or was it
> > added later (like mine)? I'm only asking as I'd be interested in seeing
> > pictures of how everything for the monitor is mounted in a factor
> > Amplifone/Gravitar combination.

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk