Re: Major Havoc conversion PCB info

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 17:48:30 EST

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:16:25 -0600, Tom McClintock <tomm@mgcap.com> wrote:

>Oh, and in the spirit of identifying 'unknown' PCBs, how about this one:
>http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/unknown_3.jpg

Looks like a Cine to standard X/Y (GO5) monitor conversion board that also
contains a sound board.

The left and top sections of the board contain the Cine to X/Y conversion, with
the DACs and analog switches on the left, the upper left pots would be the line
length, and the pots to the right would most likely be size. Leaving the
centering to the rings on the back of the G05

The sound looks like the complexity of Star Castle, and since it was by far the
most popular, and most cloned board, I'd guess it was a Star Castle sound board
clone, which if it follows the quality of the only other sound board clone I've
heard, it sounds like crap.

How'd I do?

-Zonn