Re: Major Havoc conversion PCB info

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 19:56:48 EST

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:02:40 -0600, Tom McClintock <tomm@mgcap.com> wrote:

>Cheat, cheat! Zonn cheated. Although David beat him to it, it is a
>German Star Castle bootleg that has the Cine->G05 conversion circuit
>built into the sound board. The picture shows only the sound board and
>not the CCPU knock-off underneath it.

Cheat? How did I cheat? I've never seen one of these boards before! It doesn't
look anything at all like the Japanese clone that I've seen.

And if you're going to call me a cheater, I don't want to play anymore!! :-)

-Zonn

BTW: A dead give away is that your picture does show the CCPU knock-off
underneath, right down to the column letter markings across the bottom that
match the CCPU's board, the I.C. layout is even the same.

BTW2: Did I mention the top left connector goes to the CCPU connector that the
monitor normally plugs into, and that the middle connector goes to the sound
board, and the right connector goes to the X/Y monitor, power supply and
speaker? I'm not sure I mentioned that before... :-)