Re: Odd G08 behavior after recapping

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 12:28:25 EST

OK, THIS time actually looking at the schematics it's apparent that the
fan is directly connected to the input power. So if part of the input
power was missing (one side not connecting) the fan probably wouldn't
run and the degauss circuit wouldn't shut off. The degauss circuit
staying on would explain the twisting image you were seeing. So now the
problem was probably in the power connector.