Code changes to Asteroids Deluxe in an Asteroids cab

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 13:33:50 EST

Hi ...

Since my last post regarding my Asteroids Deluxe problem I've had a few
enquiries regarding Martin Whites software mod. I was assuming that Martin
had posted the link here, but it seems not .... so here it is:

http://www.guddler.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6

Note from my experience of doing it:

The changes for high score rotation have the address listed as being one
out. Use 062F and 0635 instead.

Martin has a cabaret, whereas I have an tabletop, I discovered that when
playing as player 2 the controls work fine but when it flips the screen the
X axis was not flipping properly. On examining the wiring diagrams for the
two games the loom for Asteroids Deluxe ties Pins 7, 16 and 19
together. Asteroids only ties pins 7 and 19. Pin 7 is the ground for P2
controls and 16 and 19 are the X and Y video inverts ... to get round this
problem I tied pins 7 and 16 together on the PCB with a small jumper and it
works fine (apart from my settings problem).

Hope this is useful to someone, and all credit goes to Martin for doing it
in the first place.

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk