WG6100 Upgrade kit question

From: Robb Gonyer <rgonyer_at_mchsi.com>
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 12:03:24 EST

Thanks to those who helped me get a revision 3 manual, I appreciate it.

Now after studying the schematics a bit, I have a question about the
upgraded parts kit that is sold by a few different people.

In the kit, it includes a *5 watt* replacement for resistor R701 in the
X deflection circuit. The original part is a 1/4 watt.

It appears to me that the X and Y circuits are nearly identical, so why
the overkill on R701, but no upgrade for R601?