Re: HV DIODE VARO H180 vs. H1812

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 14:13:48 EST

The H1812 is rated at 20kVDC, and I believe the H180 is rated less. The
H1812 should be just fine. Then again, reading back through some of the
vectorlist posts, some people have said an H1812 will not work in a
15V2000 (granted, not a problem for you Steve) so what's up with that?

Alternatively, you could sub in two 12kVDC microwave rectifier diodes
glommed together in series. James Sweet did this, and if it weren't for
a two month back-order I would have tried the same thing. The two
microwave diodes can be had for about US$2.50 each and at 24kVDC in
series, I doubt you would ever need to replace them. Requires a little
more effort to insert them in the HV cage, but if you have no other
choice...

tm