RE: Gravitar Repro Control Panel Overlays

From: Joe <joe_at_joesarcade.com>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 19:59:46 EST

Archer,

I’m certain these are questions that not only I have but others.

I think we would all like to know a bit more about the repros.. I hesitate to buy any repros anymore because I have been satisfied with VERY few (I can count on one hand with room left over. And I probably need a few other peoples hands to count the ones I’ve been dissatisfied with!)

So, with that in mind:

Are you using UV inks for side art?
Original materials? Such as is will the Grav cpo be on velvet lexan?

Method of printing?

Now, maybe I am a bit picky, but things such as Phillipes Q*Bert side art with the incorrect shadow are totally unacceptable to me. All repro SW yoke overlays have an improper background and colors are off. The tie fighters on the better SW marquee repros are not right. X wings on the not so good one are wrong. Reproers that print on wrong materials. I still have yet to see a perfect Centipede CPO or Tempest marquee. The list can go on and on. I want a repro that is as accurate to the original as humanly possible..

And to those of you that are on the list that have made artwork, I know some of it has been done absolutely excellent. I can only speak of products I have bought.

I would hate to have to return something to the UK – shipping would be big $$$.

JB

   _____