Now my Star Wars Deflection board blew!

From: Jonathan Stanley <jstanley1_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 22:15:44 EST

Well so much for my Star Wars being up and running. It ran for about
3 hours total today, and while I was playing it, the video went out
(deja vu). :(

This time, I noticed no deflection chatter and measured incorrect
voltage at ALL the +/- test points on the HV board.

So, I pulled the deflection board and see that I have blown BOTH of
the 5A 250V fuses at F3 & F4, this is near where the 2 violet wires
attach. Upon initial inspection, I have not located any damaged
components, although R7 and R12 have heat marks under them (they are
still within spec). I have not started pulling any components yet.

This board is Green, latest revision, with all the suggested mods
applied to it.

The only thing I have done other than installing a new HVT, is today
after I got my new HVT installed and working, I put fuses on the +30
and -30 lines leading into the HV board from pins 7 & 8 of J105 on
the deflection board, as suggested by the HV Guide. I used inline
fuse holders with 32V 1.5A fuses on the red & blue wires. I suppose
they are DC fuses, it doesn't say. The fuse holder wires are 12
gauge which should be fine. It ran with that mod for about an hour
before the deflection fuses blew.

Any suggestions?