Re: 6100 one pixel on at all times

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 13:00:49 EST

Analog monitors can't have one pixel on...not old colour XY ones
unless one gun is slightly out of alignment and you are getting ions
striking the phosphors of the screen in one place... Old B&W tubes
from the very early days of TV had this problem until they bent the
gun slightly so the ions would strike the inside of the gun, but the
electron beam would get out as the magnetic field bent it further. I
had an old 1950 round tube TV back in the 60's that I tried to
restore and it had an "Ion-Trap" magnet that was in place for this
reason...

Otherwise back off the brightness slightly...

John :-#)#

>I have one problem left to fix on this monitor. There is one pixel
>which is always on. It is about an inch to the right and slightly
>above the center of the screen. I have moved the monitor to another
>game, swapped neck boards and deflection boards. The problem is
>still there.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Scott

John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call
(604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, VideoGames)
www.flippers.com