RE: TECH: Tempest power supply block

From: Brian Deuel <briandeuel_at_atarivector.com>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 03:04:08 EST

On 4/1/2004 at 8:18 AM Steve Coule wrote:

>Yes, this plug selects the primary windings on the transformer, without it
>the transformer will not be connected to the input power correctly. One
>thing to note is that there are different coloured wires for each voltage
>region (110, 220, 240 etc) so check the manual first. UK / 240 uses the
>brown wire plug - the US may be yellow but DEFINITELY check the manual
>first!
>
>Steve

I figured as much. I appreciate the help!

Now, does anyone have one of these plugs? :)

Brian Deuel

"We're all a bunch of spoiled brats, if you get right down to it. You just want to buy the meat in the store, you don't want to see Bambi getting cut up [laughs]. You want to protest fur walking around in your leather shoes. You want to talk the environment as you drive around in your Hummer 2. We're a study in contradictions, I think. The ultimate spoiled brats of the world."- Uncle Eugene Jarvis, the creator of Defender, Stargate, and Robotron