Re: Tempest Display Problem (w/links)

From: Andreas Kraemer <andi_kraemer_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 16:46:00 EST

So I did what you suggested, I digged into the analog area...

I set up the test screen to display only the rectangle and compared the y-signal of the right vertical line with the left vertical line on the scope. The ramp length of both lines was identical, but the voltage change rate on the ramp down was larger than on the ramp up. The BIP pots circuit seemed to be ok. Also the sample and hold looked good.

I then decided to replace the D/A converter which fixed the problem. I can now adjust the BIP easily with the y-pot only a little out of the center position.

Thank you for your help.

-Andreas