Tech: Tempest (not)reset line & WD

From: Roger Smith <whooshdoo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 23:03:11 EST

Around what voltage level should the (not)reset line be at normally and when
the reset button is pressed?

Also, I am trying to figure out how to use the disabled watchdog as a tool
when troubleshooting. When I'm looking at the faulty (not)reset circuit with
my logic probe, and the WD is NOT grounded, the entire circuit is barking.
When the WD IS grounded, the circuit is at the correct logic levels for the
most part, with only a small area barking. If I understand correctly,
grounding the WD makes the program run properly for the sake of
troubleshooting, so I'm guessing the area that is still barking even with
the WD disabled is the faulty part of the circuit. Am I interpreting this
correctly? If not, could someone please clear this up for me? Thanks.

Roger