Re: A few WG6100 tips and tricks

From: Brian Deuel <briandeuel_at_atarivector.com>
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 21:45:51 EDT

Thanks for the tips. I happen to be juggling three repairs right now. Here's a weird one for you:

Installed both of Bob's kits (caps, transistors, extra parts) and the LV2000. Turn game on, fires up, hear deflection chatter, but the spot killer is on. All voltages are good. When I turn up the brightness, I get a bright "rainbow" pattern on the lower half of the screen. Not vectors, mind you. Just a bright horizontal rainbow effect.

I've gone threw the FAQ and checked everything listed there. I've gone over the deflection board for bad solder joints, checked and quadruple-checked the chassis transistors for any kind of shorting (mind you, I didn't check their output voltage), and checked all of the connector/transistor socket connections for continuity.

Any suggestions as to what I should next? Thanks for any help offered.

Brian
http://www.orubin.com